Premed 101 Forums

quick question

quick question, for UofWestern Ontario your only requires the best 2 years in order to apply. Now if i have only one year that i can use for one of my two years can i still apply? Let me clarify more:

When i apply to UofW next year, they will look at my most recent marks as my current marks (atleat for Jan to April) will not be avaliable. So if i only had one good year but my current year i also do really well will they even call me up for an interview? The thing is im going to be finished my degree but if they don't look at marks for next year im going to have to go to school again for one extra year atleast. Hopefully this made sense, i know its areally abtuse way of asking but not sure how else i couldve asked.

quick question, for UofWestern Ontario your only requires the best 2 years in order to apply. Now if i have only one year that i can use for one of my two years can i still apply? Let me clarify more:

When i apply to UofW next year, they will look at my most recent marks as my current marks (atleat for Jan to April) will not be avaliable. So if i only had one good year but my current year i also do really well will they even call me up for an interview? The thing is im going to be finished my degree but if they don't look at marks for next year im going to have to go to school again for one extra year atleast. Hopefully this made sense, i know its areally abtuse way of asking but not sure how else i couldve asked.

conditional acceptance I believe is what you are referring to?

9. I am still in school but only have 1 year which meets the minimum GPA. Am I still eligible to apply?

If you have 1 year which meets the minimum GPA and are still in school you can still apply. If you were to receive an offer of admission in May, it would be conditional on meeting the minimum GPA in your current year of study.

from http://www.schulich.uwo.ca/admissions/medicine/index.php?page=interviewFAQ#FAQ_19

so yes you would apply in sept, western will evaluate you on the conditional criteria, if you get interviewed/accepted in June of next year you would HAVE TO demonstrate you got above cut off for the year (this year that was 3.7) to be admitted into the program.

Yes you can. Personally I was accepted conditionally this way (and I believe I've seen another person accepted conditionally this year as well)

Archived