Premed 101 Forums

Anybody who would like to switch campus?

Hi

I am accepted at the UTM campus and would like to switch to UTSG. If there is anybody who got in at UTSG and would like to come to UTM, Please pm me.

I don't think the administrators would have a problem switching campuses if both parties agree.

It's the next four years of our life. So, if both parties agree, I don't see why the administration would have a problem.

I can understand that the paperwork will need to be redone etc. but it is a big enough reason to go through the hassle and personally I will do everything I can to help the administrative staff.

Well you have two problems here:

1) the administrative staff won't agree to this. There are people who wanted to go to U of T but got mississauga campus, tried to convince the admissions office to change campus, couldn't, and ended up choosing other med schools which were originally their second choices.

2) you are not likely to find anybody willing to switch with you. Think about it, any one who preferred Mississauga or had no preference had already been assigned to Mississauga. Everyone else prefered St. George.

I guess you can still give it a try, but if they do allow you to switch, then they've got a lot of explaining to do to the people who turned down U of T solely because they didn't want Mississauga and were told switching is not allowed. Admissions office will also have set a precedence for campus swtiching. In the future when they make offers and says the campus choice is binding, no one is going to believe it.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for letting me know! It kinda sucks that they are so strict about this. Looks like I shouldn't even bother trying. I got off the waitlist and got a spot UTM (which I am ecstatic about none-the-less!), but it kinda sucks to know that had I been a few spots above or below on the list, I could have gotten my first choice, UTSG. And even worse, I'm sure several people who are indifferent ended up getting UTSG.

Archived