Premed 101 Forums

It's important to arrange your Student LOC 1st Year

By applying in first year, you can apply for a limit up to $200,000 (up to $50,000 per year). The best time to apply for credit is when things are going well and the credit is available. We never know what challenges/changes life will throw at us in the future.

Scotiabank offers a $200,000 student LOC at prime with no interest or principle payments required until 12 months after residency/fellowship.

- Unlimited transactional chequing account

- $5,000 account overdraft protection

- Free personalized cheques

- Free Scene Movie/Snack rewards debit card

- $5,000 ScotiaGold Travel Rewards Visa card (annual fee waived)

Email or call me to arrange an appointment to discuss your options.

Thanks,

Catherine

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering... what puts SB above RBC? I'm looking at both, and so far they all look very similar...

Also, are you able to change your contact person once the LOC is started? For example, I'm currently in Windsor, so I'd be contacted a Windsor person. Once i move to London, I don't want to be calling Windsor every time I have a question or problem ...

Just wondering... what puts SB above RBC? I'm looking at both, and so far they all look very similar...

Also, are you able to change your contact person once the LOC is started? For example, I'm currently in Windsor, so I'd be contacted a Windsor person. Once i move to London, I don't want to be calling Windsor every time I have a question or problem ...

I actually know this one :) - yeah there is a Windsor Rep that we work closely with as well (Andrea Schuld) and people do "switch" to their local rep all the time once things start (and after they later move for residency as well for that matter).

I actually know this one :) - yeah there is a Windsor Rep that we work closely with as well (Andrea Schuld) and people do "switch" to their local rep all the time once things start (and after they later move for residency as well for that matter).

But just to be clear, you should be able to arrange that with any bank that has a branch in your city. Talk to the financial representative in your home city and they should be able to get you in contact with someone in London/Windsor who you can deal with locally during the year.

I'd also like to know what makes your LoC different than the other medical LoCs. They all seem pretty similar.

Thanks!

There are a few things that set us apart from the others...

- Interest rate at prime

- No co-signor required (Cdn schools)

- No interest payments required while in school/residency

(interest charged directly to the loc monthly)

- Free "unlimited transaction" chequing account with free cheques

- $5,000 ScotiaGold Travel rewards Visa with fee waived while in school/residency

Most important... having an Advisor that understands professional student lines of credit and the specific needs of a professional student. We offer a little higher level of service and advice.

During the school year we are in the med-sci cafeteria Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11:30-1:00pm to answer any questions or concerns you may have.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Catherine

Archived