Premed 101 Forums

Really quick question

Vlanis

Allright guys, I just want to hear some ones opinions since no one around here wants to give me one.

I have to choose between a Major in Biology or a combined major in Biology and psychology. The deference is pretty much that the combined one is a bit more courses in a smaller time and more then likly a bit heavy on the course load over all where as the single major is less in that regard. however I dont know if the combined one is more benificial (does the harder course load payoff for me) or should I just stick with the safer bet (safer between the two any way.) Ultimatly I wana attend med school in McGill so I wana know from there point of view would the combined one give me a upper hand.

so thats the long winded version of the question and anyone and everyone who could give me a opinion I would be really greatful.

Thanks in advance.

It doesn't matter what program you choose as long as you have the required science courses. I did computer science and am starting at UdeM this fall after refreshing my chem and bio courses this winter. Pick the program that interests you the most - are you interested in psychology? If so, then go for the combined major even if it might be harder (I don't know if it is). The more interested you are in your program, the better grades you'll get generally and the more fun you'll have.

Well how much time do I need for EC, I was under the impression that I could just use it to fill in my free time that I have left after school/work? Is it somthing I need to put a set time aside for it or can I count on it being a filler?

Thanks for bringing it up since I hadnt thought too much about it.

Well how much time do I need for EC, I was under the impression that I could just use it to fill in my free time that I have left after school/work? Is it somthing I need to put a set time aside for it or can I count on it being a filler?

Thanks for bringing it up since I hadnt thought too much about it.

I don't think there is a "right" numbers of hours for ECs, but just make sure that the program will not be too intensive. For example, the joint program Physics+math would not be a very good choice for many people:p

Archived