Premed 101 Forums

need advice - W on transcript

Does anyone know if it's possible to have the 'W's on a transcript reversed? I was institutionalized in the first semester, and recently, when gathering information for med schools, i learned that most Estern med schools require at least two full-time years. So now I really want to reverse those Ws and request a late exam so I can finish the course. but I'm not sure if it's possible. Has anyone done this before?

You need to contact the university NOW to determine what, if anything, can be done. I don't know what school you were at or who you need to speak to specifically. I would try contacting Student Affairs to see if you can have the W's wiped and what the procedure would be to have them removed. It will have to be a very compelling argument, so make sure you have documentation and a solid explanation as to why you did not drop out of those classes sooner.

I am not sure if you will be able to access a late exam, but you don't know unless you ask. I believe you would be asking to write the supplemental exam. Beware, if you missed most of the course, consider if it is really i your best interest to write exams in these courses. You may do worse GPA damage than you can imagine.

Frankly, you may just have to swallow your pride and extend your degree an extra year, if necessary, to have enough fulltime years.

Best of luck,

LL

Archived