Premed 101 Forums

another school selection

I am wondering if any of you could take a look at my list of schools and let me know if there are too many reaches, or any other I have overlooked?

I have a 3.68 cGPA, 34R MCAT (13 PS, 12 BS, 9 VR). I realize my VR score might hurt me a bit...

Boston

CMS

Dartmouth

GWU

Kentucky

Loma Linda

SUNY Upstate

UCONN

Wayne State

AECOM

Duke

Georgetown

NYMC

NYU

Case

EVMS

Oakland

VCU

MSU

MCW

Penn state

Mt. Sinai

UVA

Northwestern

Boston

CMS

Dartmouth (kind of high end)

GWU

Kentucky

Loma Linda

SUNY Upstate

UCONN

Wayne State

AECOM

Duke (kind of high end)

Georgetown

NYMC

NYU

Case

EVMS (I believe they stopped accepting Canadians)

Oakland

VCU

MSU

MCW

Penn state

Mt. Sinai

UVA

Northwestern

And not a single DO school??

Boston

CMS

Dartmouth (kind of high end)

GWU

Kentucky

Loma Linda

SUNY Upstate

UCONN

Wayne State

AECOM

Duke (kind of high end)

Georgetown

NYMC

NYU

Case

EVMS (I believe they stopped accepting Canadians)

Oakland

VCU

MSU

MCW

Penn state

Mt. Sinai

UVA

Northwestern

And not a single DO school??

This is what I got from the EVMS admission website regarding international students:

Foreign nationals may be considered for admission to EVMS as permitted under the immigration laws of the United States of America but must have completed 100 semester hours from an accredited American or Canadian college or university.

I am confused about whether Canadians would fall under the international category..

This is what I got from the EVMS admission website regarding international students:

Foreign nationals may be considered for admission to EVMS as permitted under the immigration laws of the United States of America but must have completed 100 semester hours from an accredited American or Canadian college or university.

I am confused about whether Canadians would fall under the international category..

Interesting. I remember seeing on the website some time ago that they won't accept Canadians anymore, but looks like their policy might have changed. My apologies then for the confusion.

Interesting. I remember seeing on the website some time ago that they won't accept Canadians anymore, but looks like their policy might have changed. My apologies then for the confusion.

http://premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?p=571876&highlight=evms#post571876

I think you are right.

However, if anyone has confirmation that they did not change their international policies, I will be adding another school to my application :P

Archived