Premed 101 Forums

Studying for DAT

In order to be admitted to dental school, an individual must do well on the Dental Admission Test (DAT). This exam was developed by the American Dental Association to measure academic ability, understanding of scientific information, and perceptual ability...

Obviously I am familiar with what the DAT actually is and what it entails, but I think you misunderstood my question. I just wanted to know whether or not its a good idea to use older study materials such as 2007-2008 editions.

Obviously I am familiar with what the DAT actually is and what it entails, but I think you misunderstood my question. I just wanted to know whether or not its a good idea to use older study materials such as 2007-2008 editions.

I think he's a bot..

I found that the new Kaplan book was essentially dead on for chemistry and good practice for reading. However, the PAT was way too easy, and biology was unhelpful.

Barron was better for the PAT and biology, in particular many questions from Barron were actually on my exam...

So, despite there being mistakes in it, it's good practice to work through it. Also go for harder PAT materials, since, in particular, paper folding, angles and cube counting are significantly easier in the new Kaplan edition than on the actual exam.

Prob wouldn't have too much that is different as the concepts should be the same. However, I'd just say that you should get as many different resources as possible (Kaplan, Dat Destroyer, IQ, etc) to be as well rounded as possible.

Archived