Premed 101 Forums

Hello Folks,

It is quite interesting to see that UofA's side of the forum is so dead compared to the UofC OR UBC.

I was hoping to ask some of the current UofA students to reply to this. I am headed to the UofA in the fall and hope to start up some research with engineering applications. I am wondering if there are engineers at UofA involved in research (engineering research with medical applications)... I don't want to confuse this with biomedical engineering laboratory research... I mean biomedical engineering with product design (BASc stuff).

I am also wondering if people know of research projects that can be done throughout the year... I know a lot of people say that is crazy... My sister did it and is now in Ophthomalogy... and she didn't think it was that crazy (she graded from UofO this year).

Thanks for the replies pps.

Not sure about the engineering part of things. But in general, there is always research that can be done during the year and many students partake in it. It is typically up to the student to pursue the opportunity, though it isn't difficult as there are always staff and residents in any & every area doing some sort of research.

Archived