Premed 101 Forums

OMSAS transcript (June 30th deadline)

Hey everyone, what is the current situation with the postal strike right now? Will it affect sending transcripts to OMSAS for those of us accepted. The other thing is my convocation isn't until June 16th, should I wait until I receive my degree or should i order a transcript through OMSAS now and hope for the best?

Hey everyone, what is the current situation with the postal strike right now? Will it affect sending transcripts to OMSAS for those of us accepted. The other thing is my convocation isn't until June 16th, should I wait until I receive my degree or should i order a transcript through OMSAS now and hope for the best?

Hey, I talked to UofT, so I am not sure about your school, but UofT actually told me they send transcripts to OMSAS electronically, so the postal strike shouldn't do much damage. If your school sends transcripts electronically I don't think there should be a problem.

Hey, I talked to UofT, so I am not sure about your school, but UofT actually told me they send transcripts to OMSAS electronically, so the postal strike shouldn't do much damage. If your school sends transcripts electronically I don't think there should be a problem.

Unfortunetly my school send them out by canada post, where can i find up to date information on the strike?

I went to post office today and apparently they are on a rotating strike - meaning only one part of Canada would be affected each time (i.e. Montreal was on strike lasy week). It's totally unpredictable where it's going to affect next so the safest option would be to use FedEx/UPS your transcript. Hope this helps.

BHSc

MD 2015

Unfortunetly my school send them out by canada post, where can i find up to date information on the strike?
Like Wizard said above, the strike is rotating every few days. Canada post is still processing and delivering mail, but it will be delayed a few days if it's traveling to a strike location.

Archived