Premed 101 Forums

Applying in 3rd year

You just have to meet your designated cutoff (ie OOP, IP-OO) to be considered for an interview. After your interview gpa then has an impact on your final score, what that impact is exactly is coming into question this year after they said during interview orientations "your final score will be a combination of both interview and gpa, with interview carrying more weight" so no one is completely sure as to what the weighting is I believe.

So just check out past threads to get an idea of the cutoffs (they fluctuate slightly some years but are often close year to year, i think IP Outside Ottawa this year was 3.85 but don't quote me on that.

I spoke to a lot of third years at interview day, and third years do get in every year.

not going to pretend i know a lot about this, but i think that if you meet the GPA cut-off and ABS cut-off to get an interview you'll be on even playing field, even as a third year. i would assume that the only advantage to being in fourth year is that you've had an extra year of ECs and "life experience" which may tilt the interview in your favour, but if your ECs passed the cut-off you shouldn't be at too much of a disadvantage (if at all). go for it.

Archived