Premed 101 Forums

finishing undergrad while in med school?

I just finished 3rd year at Western and super excited to be at uOttawa next year. Unfortunately, I am 1.5 credits short of a 3 year degree (stupid essay credit requirements at western). Just wondering if it would be the worst idea ever to take a distance studies course at western while doing med school? I would appreciate any input!

I just finished 3rd year at Western and super excited to be at uOttawa next year. Unfortunately, I am 1.5 credits short of a 3 year degree (stupid essay credit requirements at western). Just wondering if it would be the worst idea ever to take a distance studies course at western while doing med school? I would appreciate any input!

Hey congrats on the acceptance to UOttawa! Just wondering: do you have 3 years with a full course load? I thought that was one of the conditions of being accepted while in one's third year...

I did have 3 years of full course load. To get a degree at Western you need to have 2.0 essay credits, and I only have 0.5 essay credits. I'd like to get a 3 year degree and just wondering if it is feasible to take half a credit a semester...

I did have 3 years of full course load. To get a degree at Western you need to have 2.0 essay credits, and I only have 0.5 essay credits. I'd like to get a 3 year degree and just wondering if it is feasible to take half a credit a semester...

Hey,

I am in the same situation and was wondering what is the benefit of getting a three year degree?

Hey! I just finished my third year at Western too!! You should look into taking an online course over the summer - I've heard you can take them through Athebasca (not sure how its spelled) and they give you six months to complete a credit.

They won't let me take an online course thru Athabasca, all essay credits must be completed at Western. So I'm just contemplating whether I should do a distance studies course throughout the year to speed up the process of obtaining a degree, or just hold off till next summer and register for distance studies then. After talking to an academic counsellor yesterday, I think I've decided I will hold off until the winter term, and if I feel I can handle an extra course I will sign up.

kerplunk: I really just want something to show for my 3 years at Western... thousands in tuition and I don't even get a silly piece of paper?!?! not really sure of any other benefits. I think if you ever decide you want to get your 4 year honours degree, after getting a 3 year, you can just get your degree amended.

Archived