Premed 101 Forums

Pathology 3240 and 3245

Hi everyone! I`ve had a few mixed opinions on these courses so I was wondering if people who had taken them could tell me what they thought. They sound pretty interesting to me but I heard someone saying they were super hard. I also though heard in another spot that they were super easy.

Can anyone confirm either of these?

Thanks!

Not for the faint of heart, same goes for the 4th year pathology courses, but honestly the best courses I've taken at western. Not to mention if you get into medical school these are one of the few courses that are actually useful even in med school (the 4th year forensics course is actually taken with 4th year med students).

To break it down for you, there's a lot of material, you have to learn a completely new language of medical terms but if you are interested enough you can do pretty well (I got 85+ on all 4 pathology courses except one)

Most of the Phys 4th year courses are based on the 3rd year courses that one chooses. There isn't a way to get out of cell phys in 3rd year right?

Also, what about the PhysY course? Any recommendations about that? Is it alot of work? How is the course structured?

Thanks,

Most of the Phys 4th year courses are based on the 3rd year courses that one chooses. There isn't a way to get out of cell phys in 3rd year right?

Also, what about the PhysY course? Any recommendations about that? Is it alot of work? How is the course structured?

Thanks,

I think I was mistaken about Mammalian histology being able to switch with cell phys 3140a. I don't know why I thought histology could satisfy the same prereq requirements. I don't think there actually is a way to avoid cell phys and still take 4th year phys courses.

As for 3130Y, I've obviously never taken it but I've heard from people that its a really good course. Not too much work and a pretty chill atmosphere. I think the average for it is pretty good too.

Archived