Premed 101 Forums

Course Load Question

Hi,

Not sure if this has been addressed before, but if I take 6 courses in the Fall term, and 3 of them are third year (I am in third year), and the others are not, would this meet the 60% "your level or above" requirement, since 3/5 would be third year, but the extra course does not matter?

Basically, is this counted as 3/6 third year or 3/5 third year courses? Also, would doing this weaken my application (for other schools like UT as well?)? (the other 3 courses are required 2nd year stats, organic chem, and a humanities course).

Note that the normal course load where I am is 5 courses.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I was going through the western website. I was wondeirng if the 60% course load applied to the whole year ( ie. we have to take atleast 6 class in our year) or if it was applied to each semester ( so each semster we must take a minium of 3 courses in our year). I know this question has probably come up before, but for some reason the search function is not working for me. :(

For example, if i were to take 2 courses which are in my course year in the fall, and then 5 courses in my course year in the winter, would I still be following the 60% rule?

I was going through the western website. I was wondeirng if the 60% course load applied to the whole year ( ie. we have to take atleast 6 class in our year) or if it was applied to each semester ( so each semster we must take a minium of 3 courses in our year). I know this question has probably come up before, but for some reason the search function is not working for me. :(

For example, if i were to take 2 courses which are in my course year in the fall, and then 5 courses in my course year in the winter, would I still be following the 60% rule?

Western only looks at the overall year and does not break things down semester by semester :)

Archived