Premed 101 Forums

UWO - Pathology 3240 and 3245

Hi everyone! I`ve had a few mixed opinions on these courses so I was wondering if people who had taken them could tell me what they thought. They sound pretty interesting to me but I heard someone saying they were super hard. I also though heard in another spot that they were super easy.

Can anyone confirm either of these?

Thanks!

very interesting and relevant to medicine, particularly the second semester course. Definitely possible to do well, but they are NOT easy. There is a lot of memorization and the format of the notes is not the best. Sometimes you're stuck trying to write down a lot more than is possible in class, and you end up missing things. But, if you keep up with it weekly you should be fine. The prof changes almost every week, and there are some that I really REALLY enjoyed and spoke really well. Others were average, I don't remember having any profs I disliked in that class...

Hi everyone! I`ve had a few mixed opinions on these courses so I was wondering if people who had taken them could tell me what they thought. They sound pretty interesting to me but I heard someone saying they were super hard. I also though heard in another spot that they were super easy.

Can anyone confirm either of these?

Thanks!

Check your messages

• 2 weeks later...

I thoroughly enjoyed the courses.

Because they are relevant to real life and medicine, I found them easy to study for and understand and get over 85% in. Definitely require work though and attending class is key. Team taught which is a plus IMO - more the most part, professors teaching the class are genuinely interested in their section so they really make the lectures interesting and applicable as opposed to just reading slides.

Like I said, definitely requires work. You need to get at least 75% in 3240a to be able to take 3245b but for sure do-able.

Archived