Premed 101 Forums

Research/Lab Experience

• 1 month later...
Hey guys, a question about Research and Awards;

Would NSERC USRA be considered as an Academic Award or should I put it in research, or even employment?

Also a 4th year thesis project (but in a course form) can be placed under research I assume?

Thanks a bunch,

somewhere in the sketch it tells you that NSERC goes under awards and not research

I remember I was confused about it too

I think it shows when you try to enter details under research

For co-ops:

Are people checking off their research experience as "Part of Program Requirements"?

I'm not sure whether they mean "program" as in an undergrad course like directed studies or grad studies? Or "program" as in part of the co-op program?

For co-ops:

Are people checking off their research experience as "Part of Program Requirements"?

I'm not sure whether they mean "program" as in an undergrad course like directed studies or grad studies? Or "program" as in part of the co-op program?

I'm thinking that "part of program" they mean something like a directed studies or a thesis that is directly tied to your graduation.. (but I could be wrong...). I did co-op research but didn't check that box, because I reasoned I could've just as easily done a co-op term that didn't have research, so I felt that the research was not a part of my program requirements.

I'm thinking that "part of program" they mean something like a directed studies or a thesis that is directly tied to your graduation.. (but I could be wrong...). I did co-op research but didn't check that box, because I reasoned I could've just as easily done a co-op term that didn't have research, so I felt that the research was not a part of my program requirements.

See, I did an honours thesis, and a totally unrelated directed studies course. The directed studies was not required for my program, it was just in place of a regular elective. The honours thesis, however, was required for my honours degree. So I ticked the box for the honours but not the directed studies, taking it literally that it was not required.

Archived