Premed 101 Forums

SGU. Newbie and clueless. Any help would be awesome

If you are already in law school, why do you want to go to medical school? The grass always looks greener on the other side. I hope your motivation is more than just "I really want to be a doctor." Have shadowed any doctors? BTW, there are business aspects in medicine too.

US DO schools might be better than SGU depending on your plans. They are also very friendly for non-traditionals.

If you are living in Canada, then the best way top find docs to shadow is by going through the individual department. Email the dept. and ask if they allow non- medical students to do observership. (when I went about doing this, family med dept. in my town would not allow me to do observership as I was not a med student).

good luck.

Why not look into law and medicine... as in build a law practice around medicine.

I've heard that it pays well and you'll be helping people with medically related law issues.

I wouldn't recommend going to SGU unless you absolutely have to. Not that it is a bad school, but staying in Canada/US is much preferred as it will make for an easier transition in residency and your future years.

Archived