Premed 101 Forums

Western CTF Nursing

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received an offer on Friday. I will likely be declining, but I need a week to think it over. To those waiting I am sorry that I cannot be faster in my decision. My avg. for last 10 credits is approximately 83-86. I am unsure how they look at letter grades, so I cannot give an exact number. Also, I have a completed MA.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else hear anything? I'm anxious to have an idea of where they are in the process. Considering they don't ask for supplementary materialI had thought it wa primarily based on grades and therefore would be easy to fill the class after the March 1st deadline. I called but got no information from the admissions office.

Anyone else hear anything? I'm anxious to have an idea of where they are in the process. Considering they don't ask for supplementary materialI had thought it wa primarily based on grades and therefore would be easy to fill the class after the March 1st deadline. I called but got no information from the admissions office.

I got an email about 2 weeks ago and they wanted my transcript from when I was on exchange in Australia. At that point she made it sound like they had not even got around to calculating my average for admittance so. If it took them that long to figure out that they needed that, who knows how long it will be before the program is full. I was informed they are still admitting at 85% (which is what they said in March) but the average is/has come down.

I am still waiting as well, so fingers crossed!

Hey everyone,

I am also waiting to hear back at this point. I contacted admissions last week and this was the response I received....

"At this point we have extended some offers of admission to those students who have 85% or higher on their last 10 credits. You are very close to the current admission average. We anticipate that over the next several weeks we will continue to send out offers and that likely the admission average will come down slightly. We want you to know that we are still actively considering your application. We usually start out with a fairly high average because of the limited offers that we can extend to this program."

Good luck to everyone waiting!

Out of curiosity - is Western CTF anyone's first choice for second entry nursing program? And why?

I received that exact email almost word for word so they must be telling everyone the exact same information.

Western is my first choice for CTF nursing because when I applied i didn't know what I wanted to do and it was the only CTF nursing I applied for...

Oh thats encouraging! Do you mind me asking what your % average is in your last 10 FCE's?? I just want to know if mine is actually "close" or if admissions just says that to everyone...

Hey - I actually send you a pm cause I had some q's for you!