Premed 101 Forums

Entrance Admission Essays Question

pbear

Are there any Canadian medical schools that require you to write an entrance essay before applying? I knew a couple people last year who were applying who were freaking out about this and now I can't remember if they were writing these essays for an American Medical or not.

Thanks

(Also sorry if this has been answered else where - I'm new to this forum and didn't even know where to begin looking for an answer)

UofT does...it's the only school in Ontario that requires an essay...Mac did have 5 questions this year, but they might just drop those and go full-fledged with CASPer

I don't have a clue about the other Canadian schools

Well, pbear, welcome to The Forums. In a way your are relatively lucky, I discovered these forums much later in the application cycle than you (April after I applied)! I remember reading somewhere that Mac wanted the 5 questions last year just in case CASPer fell apart on them. They were to be used only if CASPer didn't work somehow. That made it difficult to put a lot of effort into them... Although I never know what mac is up to. They think differently there (not better or worse, just different) than the other schools.

Well, pbear, welcome to The Forums. In a way your are relatively lucky, I discovered these forums much later in the application cycle than you (April after I applied)! I remember reading somewhere that Mac wanted the 5 questions last year just in case CASPer fell apart on them. They were to be used only if CASPer didn't work somehow. That made it difficult to put a lot of effort into them... Although I never know what mac is up to. They think differently there (not better or worse, just different) than the other schools.

Ah I see. They're always coming up with something new over there in Hammy.

Thanks for your reply. Also I creeped your blog :). Very nice.

Hi,

Just to double check, this year it's just CASPer without the 5 questions right?

Archived