Premed 101 Forums

Which Mcat location is the warmest

bored

This may sound silly..

I am just about to register for an MCAT exam. I need to know which location in gta is the warmest...

Ive written exams in teh past, and the exam rooms are the gym and thus are sooo cold, that I spend lots of energy in keeping warm.. so need a warm locations.

also, is there anything else I need to keep in mind for picking a location?

thanks guys

This may sound silly..

I am just about to register for an MCAT exam. I need to know which location in gta is the warmest...

Ive written exams in teh past, and the exam rooms are the gym and thus are sooo cold, that I spend lots of energy in keeping warm.. so need a warm locations.

also, is there anything else I need to keep in mind for picking a location?

thanks guys

They won't have you sit in a gym, since you need a computer to do it. Don't worry too much about that. I'd say pick a place that is closest to you.

This might be an appropriate thread to ask this question in:

How big are the testing rooms (approximately how many other people will be writing with me?)

I felt they were kinda packed, at least the place where I wrote. Not cuz many people, but the room was small, and I think there was 7 of us with desks and computers. I didn't like sitting very close to someone else. I need my personal bubble for myself :D ...but during the test, u forget the world, so don't worry too much ahaha

I felt they were kinda packed, at least the place where I wrote. Not cuz many people, but the room was small, and I think there was 7 of us with desks and computers. I didn't like sitting very close to someone else. I need my personal bubble for myself :D ...but during the test, u forget the world, so don't worry too much ahaha

SEVEN!? WHOA, I was thinking at least 50 since so many people study for the MCAT every year. But I forget there are many different dates and locations. I can't believe it's only seven.. I guess that's just because I'm used to writing university exams in big gyms where there are 300+ people.

My advice to you is to dress in layers, and wear thermal socks, or a double layer of socks to keep those extremities warm. Have something with pockets as well for a top layer where you can put your hands in so that you can warm them if your hands get cold due to vasoconstriction. When you get to the test center you can get a feel for the temperature as you are waiting to be called in to take the exam. You are not allowed to take off the layers during the actual exam, so after you get a feel for the temperature while waiting to start, you may opt to take off extra layers if you are too warm and put them in your locker before you start the test. This idea seems the safest since what some people report about some test centers may be different from actual conditions when you go to write (i.e. changed air conditioners, air conditioners breaking down, vents cleaned, windows upgraded, etc.)

I've received your PM as well.

well, they kinda "cycle" lol, cuz people may start at different times. The room I wrote in was so small, that's why 7 was very packed haha. But there was more than one room, but overall, definitely less than 20 people at a time.

Oh ok. I'm writing a morning exam, hopefully my room is small too hehe.

Archived