Premed 101 Forums

comment on my course selection

i gotta register for 1st year courses in a few days so just wanted someone to tell if the courseload would be manageable . I would be doin BSC major Bio...pls point out negative factors.

Courses selected: Physics(its not the toughest physics course, its medium one and I did physics 12 too), Math(Calculus...i did calculus 12 in highschool), Chemistry,Biology and Psychology.

In summer i would do an English course.

Thank You

I think its doable. I had a very similar course load in my first year (except I dropped calculus in fall and took it in summer since it was my weakest subject) and it's manageable if you organize your time well.

It's best to get all your intro courses over and done with so you can spend your later years focusing on your major area. What's definitely important is making sure you're fulfilling your degree requirements. There's nothing worse than putting the effort into a course and realizing that you've taken the wrong one.

Yes, it's doable. I had general chem, differential calculus, energy and wave physics, intro molecular biology, an ecology lab, and technical writing English in my first term. Intro organic chem, integral calculus, electromagnetism physics, ecology, and literature English in my 2nd term.

Archived