Premed 101 Forums

Pharmacy GPA

firesinx

Got in UT before the PCAT was required. GPA 3.95 (took 5.5 credits, 1.0 credit at 3.7, rest were 4.0). That together with my UTPAT put me in the top 6

same for me.

Except that my GPA was 4.0

I also got one of the top admission scholarships

and now the above poster and me are going to uwo together :)

Although if you start talking about GPA in pharmacy...... Mine dropped so much it's not funny.

There are people in my class with the very very minimum GPA cut off.

Pharmacy now definitely requires higher GPA because people are ranked by GPA and PCAT before being offered an interview, and they can only interview ~400 people. In my year, I believe you just had to get the final GPA (which they can't tell when you applied), and score high on the UTPAT (a random test consisting of IQ and personality and ethics?).

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

How about myself:

Graduated from UofT

cGPA up to 3rd year = 3.9 (4.0 in every single prerequisite (90+ in all chem))

cGPA coming out of 4th year = 3.7

Did not take PCAT yet, but did take MCAT = 14 bio/12 physical/12 verbal Q (38Q Total)

Worked in labs for 2 summers and did a 4th year research project.

Also volunteered in a hospital (~1.5 years with total #hrs >=150).

• 2 weeks later...
How about myself:

Graduated from UofT

cGPA up to 3rd year = 3.9 (4.0 in every single prerequisite (90+ in all chem))

cGPA coming out of 4th year = 3.7

Did not take PCAT yet, but did take MCAT = 14 bio/12 physical/12 verbal Q (38Q Total)

Worked in labs for 2 summers and did a 4th year research project.

Also volunteered in a hospital (~1.5 years with total #hrs >=150).

what the hell happened in year 4?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
So I am currently in my second year hoping to do a double major in biology and medical science at uwo. My first year average was 74% and second year seems to be the same. Should I even consider pharmacy or am I too stupid? :(

I'm not gunning for pharm but I'm in a similar position. My first two years, I ended up with overall averages in the low 80s. Doesn't convert over to GPA so nicely though, so I feel like even if I wanted to apply to pharm, I wouldn't have much of a chance. Med schools actually seem more lenient in admissions policies and forgiving bad years/grades than pharm schools do, since pharm schools tend to look at everything you've ever taken (I think?).

EDIT: Plus, don't pharm schools calculate a prerequisite GPA AND an cumulative GPA? Meaning that if you do bad in prereqs, your pre req GPA is incredibly difficult to recover while you can still fix your cGPA? And don't they have cutoffs for both? Been a while since I've looked at how pharm schools operate.

• 1 month later...

Once I use the vitamin salt for the body to make it strong and firm,at least six month long term use but no effect upon the body and this salt was brought into a pharmacy and the pharmacist gave the results for such salt after analysis,this salt is useless because due to some lab technicality.

Archived