Premed 101 Forums

New shoes

zxcv

I need new shoes. I usually go with asics. I used to go with Nike, addidas... but realized the lack of comfort when compared to asics. Does anyone know any shoes that are similar to asics, and slightly more casual? Thanks.

Closes to a $100. I'm not looking for runnign shoes, more like everday wear, which can be running shoes, but prefer something on the casual side and hopefully really soft, easy on the foot... I have plantar fasciitis, so I try to get good shoes (and use orthotics)...

i guess plantar fascitis rules out converse shoes, why not ask your physician what kind of shoes to get.

I know the foot doctor (sorry i don't know the name) who offered orthotics at york central also had a shelf of shoes that would work well with orthotics btw this was over 5 years ago

Pumas. Except you may have to try on a few different styles because some have less padding than others. I have a pair of Sketchers Shape Up Toners (so not the ones that look like platform shoes) and they take a few days of getting used to. They are so amazingly comfy (no idea if they actually help with toning- I just like the comfort factor). I can walk/stand all day in them and my feet don't hurt. Plus they come in pretty sweet colours (mine are hot pink).

Basically I'd suggest trying on a whole bunch of different styles of a whole bunch of different brands and see what you think feels best. Walk around the store for a few minutes because I can't count the amount of times I've gotten shoes (or heels) that are really comfy walking just back and forth in the store, but more than that and my arches/ball-of-the foot/toes hurt. Walk lots before you buy!

Closes to a $100. I'm not looking for runnign shoes, more like everday wear, which can be running shoes, but prefer something on the casual side and hopefully really soft, easy on the foot... I have plantar fasciitis, so I try to get good shoes (and use orthotics)...

I've been a fan of asics myself and really like their Onitsuka Tiger line (sport/casual). However, they won't offer the same support/cushion as a runner.

Reminder: this is the shoes thread and not the donkey thread. Please start a new thread about the best donkey to buy. JK.

True. It's my fault for jumping on the donkey bandwagon. I only felt that if people had donkeys, then maybe they wouldn't be walking to campus (as I plan to next year) and this may affect shoe purchases.

Once again, I humbly apologize. I will go now.

• 1 month later...

i have foot problems, and before i got orthotics, asics was honestly all i would wear, if your insurance plan covers orthotics, try and see if you qualify, because they make any shoe wearable (i rock casual adidas sneakers now, and they feel just like asics with the orthotics!)

I need new shoes. I usually go with asics. I used to go with Nike, addidas... but realized the lack of comfort when compared to asics. Does anyone know any shoes that are similar to asics, and slightly more casual? Thanks.

i have foot problems, and before i got orthotics, asics was honestly all i would wear, if your insurance plan covers orthotics, try and see if you qualify, because they make any shoe wearable (i rock casual adidas sneakers now, and they feel just like asics with the orthotics!)

I have orthotics. However, the caues of my PF is tight calf muscles. I tried doing exercises but they only provide temp relief. I think a night splint will be best.

I personally really like Merrell, their shoes and boots are super super comfy. http://www.merrell.com/CA/en/Men-Footwear-Shoes-Casual They are a but on the pricey side but you might be able to find a good deal online or at a store that carries Merrell like Coast Mountain Sports.

And for running shoes, I really like Mizuno shoes for their sleek design. My last 6 pairs of running shoes have been Mizuno :o

Archived