Premed 101 Forums

indian medical schoools

Depends on the school that you are planning to go to. There are a few really established and highly reputable ones that would be great if you can get into. Of course you need to write some entrance exams for them depending on the school. There is high competition because you are competing with the locals and there are SO many of them.

The main questions to ask before you go are:

Which school are you planning to apply? where do you want to practice ultimately?

I am considering two of them, the first one being AIIMS which seems very competent and the other one is Manipal University in southern India which accepts comparatively more International students. So if I do so called "MBBS" from Manipal, can I practice or specialize here in Canada? :confused:

I'm not sure of Manipal. I have heard of some people doing clerkship rotations in the States. I'm not 100% sure but you will have to contact the schools directly.

If you go to school outside North America, you are considered International Med Graduate (IMG) and Canada has very few seats for IMG. I'm not saying its totally impossible but getting back is difficult. The US maybe a better option. I guess contacting the school directly and talking to past graduates will give you a better idea.

Archived