Premed 101 Forums

BR Bio Readings

pokaroo

I'm also studying off TBR and using EK as well. TBR is a bit overkill. I'll skim through the parts that are too in depth. Their passages imo are the best i've seen, so thats the primary reason I use it. If you want detail then a good physiology text is better, otherwise don't waste too much time on TBR.

great- thanks its awesome to see a fellow Berkeley Reviewer! Everyone seems to be either TPR or Kaplan..

yeah- so if I use EK Bio for content that should be good enough for me? I haven't take Physiology which is why I was asking.. is it good for that section?

And yeah the passages ARE AMAZING! I swear no one has the same kind of practice as we do :rolleyes:

I’ll give an example of what I’m talking about. For the urinary system my physiology text has a section on Renal Clearance. That section wasn’t mentioned in TBR or EK however it was tested on a passage. For the mcat its nice to have an idea or some familiarity with what the passage is talking about. TBR has a lot of detail, but a good physiology book still provides better explanation and context. So ultimately it depends on your preference. I like the detail, because some of the passages become sort of like a bio test. A friend of mine scored a 14 in bio because he applied a lot of background knowledge to the passages.

And ya, TBR is good stuff. I’ve heard their practise tests are solid as well. So I’ll hopefully be doing those soon enough.

Archived