Premed 101 Forums

Start Date

Perhaps I missed this in the info package but I haven't definitively come across the start and finish date of first year. I need them to properly apply for Student Loans. Anyone know the dates or know where to find them out?

In the email it said August 23rd somewhere. I only noticed after I reread it like 500 times lol.

The calendar: http://umanitoba.ca/student/records/media/04_ACADEMIC_SCHEDULE_11-12Gr.pdf

says Aug 24 but I think we have stuff to do the 23rd.

In the email it said August 23rd somewhere. I only noticed after I reread it like 500 times lol.

The calendar: http://umanitoba.ca/student/records/media/04_ACADEMIC_SCHEDULE_11-12Gr.pdf

says Aug 24 but I think we have stuff to do the 23rd.

The 23rd is when we will have our orientation and they will give us a white coat for the ceremony. The 24th is the day of the white coat ceremony.

Ya, I got an info package late May. I imagine the June 3rd acceptances will get there package soon. The package also states that there will be more info sent to us as well, the first package just includes stuff like getting your record checks, signing up for the college, etc. nothing exciting.

I also got a package around that same time. I don't think anyone from the second round of acceptances would have received theirs because of the postal strike. You might be able to go down to the office yourself and get them to print off everything you need, but most of it isn't really that urgent.

O-week is still considered part of your class schedule.There will be many sessions you will be slated to attend. So it isn't all fun and games (unfortunately) - be prepared to stumble to campus for 8 or 9AM for the better part of the week. Having said all that, go by the Academic Schedule for your start and end dates, as those early dates do count as classwork.

• 1 month later...
I don't if there is an easy way to figure this out, but I'm looking into booking flights over the winter holiday break. Does anyone know the official dates that classes end and re-start?

Hold off on the flight stuff Ryacha. Make sure you know YOUR exact schedule on OPAL before you get too ahead of yourself. You may be able to rearrange things to get out sooner/come back later. Just make sure you wait so you aren't going to be mistakenly skip something. Flight prices get cheaper as the time goes along anyways.

Archived