but

recently my husband seems to be allergic to her

he has red spot on his palms and feet after touching her hairs

I dont wanna give her up

I cried so much thinking of losing her

my MCAT is two weeks away but Im not in the mood of study

I dont know what to do

any suggestion is appreciated

Well, if I had a husband and a bunny and my bunny was making my husband's life miserable, I think my husband's own health and happiness would trump that of an animal you can find all over UVic.

I know and I agree.

And this is why Im sad.

Im not asking which one to choose, Im asking if theres any way to deal with it

:( Maybe try getting an air purifier and keep her in a room that your husband doesn't have to go in too frequently and wash your hands after touching her so that you don't spread bunny allergens around? I really hope you can find a way to keep her!

Thanks. I live in a small apartment and her cage is in the living room. I'm not sure if it is OK not to let her out...

I really really really want to keep her...

Lavender-Spa-Body-Hair-Removal-Wax-Kit.jpg

Think about it. no more allergies, and you'd have the most unique bunny on the block.

In all seriousness, how much does a bunny shed? Vacuum around it daily, brush it regularly to keep dander down, and don't let your hubby touch it. It doesn't sound like he has a respiratory allergy, just a contact one, correct?

In all seriousness, how much does a bunny shed? Vacuum around it daily, brush it regularly to keep dander down, and don't let your hubby touch it. It doesn't sound like he has a respiratory allergy, just a contact one, correct?

I tried to ask him. He seems not like the idea of living carefully at home. I asked him if he'd like to wear socks at home, and seemed hesitated. I know I shouldnt force him but...

ahhhhhhhhh

Well, if I had a husband and a bunny and my bunny was making my husband's life miserable, I think my husband's own health and happiness would trump that of an animal you can find all over UVic.

You have bunnies at Uvic????

I'm so jealous :(

so it is a contact dermatitis then? Does he have any reaction outside of that?

I would think its contact. He has nothing besides that. At least nothing else for now.

I guess I'll pursuade him to see an allergist and get tested. Maybe I have to give up my bunny but I wanna do it when I really have to. I dont wanna do it because of pure speculation.

It hurts so much. When I first get her I thought I knew the happiness of being a parent. But only 5 days after that Im experiecing the bitterness of losing my child. How ironic

You have bunnies at Uvic????

I'm so jealous :(

I heard they have lots of bunnies on Uvic campus.

But that doesnt mean my bunny doesnt deserve to be treated seriously.

If consider the most abundant animal on the earth is human....>.<

Having red spots on the hands and feet doesn't sound like a pleasant experience.

I know exactly what you're feeling with the maternal instincts kicking in. The bunny is so cute and it's completely reliant on you to live! Food, shelter, love, and poop pick-up service. I experienced this very phenomenon when I got a puppy. My dog is now 2 years old and I'm facing the prospect of having to give him away because med school will not give me enough time to take care of him properly.

How can anyone else love this bunny as much as you do? The true answer is that there are many people out there who could and would take very good care of the bunny if you decide to give it away. This means we can take the well-being of the bunny out of the equation. If you can clear your head and weigh logic against hormone-induced emotions, then perhaps the answer you will arrive at is that the health of your husband is more important than your possession of a bunny.

I feel for you, I really do..because I'm in a similar situation. If I can have the ability to give up a dog that I have bonded with for the past 2 years, then you can give up a bunny that you've had for a week.

thx xyandfc

after crying for hours now I calm down a bit

first I'll try my best to prove the allergy is caused by the animal

not anything else not her food not her bedding material

if Im convinced its her for sure I'll consider giving her to someone

I know there are many people would like to take her but Im not sure how to tell whos reliable

some people will treat her well but some may not

I really need to think about who to give her to

its not only maternal instincts, its also part of my belief

shes my first pet

and the reason I havent got a pet before is because I tend to treat my pet like my kids, not only because shes cute but also because I respect her life as much as mine

when I cannot afford the responsibility, I wont take it

I thought I'd take the responsibility this time, I thought I was ready to keep her for 10 years, but after a week Im facing a tough situation that is of no one's fault

I feel like laughing at myself, its like the most ironic thing ever

Just to finish the story. Will send her back to the original pet store. I wish her new owner is going to love her. At least, anyone who's willing to pay $300 for her cage and stuff should not treat her too bad.

And also its found that she has parasite in her intenstine. The reason it was found out is because when I bought her I paid for an expensive body check that the pet store didnt cover. I guess this makes me feel a bit better, meeting me gave her a chance to get healthier.

Best wishes to my bunny. If she couldn't forgive me, I wish she could forget me.

Archived