Premed 101 Forums

2nd Degree or Concurrent Double Major

Guest nwoforlife2011

Guest nwoforlife2011

Hello everyone,

I have a question concerning 2nd degrees. I was suppose to be graduating from my university with a Honours BSc, but I have been told that I have fallen one half credit short. I have my mind set on completing a second degree, but I still wish to have a BSc under my belt. My question is that is it possible for me to complete my credit while I am doing my second degree or would that be concurrent studies, which would probably disqualify me as a second degree applicant to most schools? Is it possible for me to take 5.5 credits in a year and count that extra 0.5 credit under my BSc.?

Thanks

What course do you need? Is it a component of your major, or is it an elective? Could you take the final half credit for your B.Sc. this summer before you start your second degree? Even if the course you need isn't offered during the summer, I'm sure you could find an equivalent at another school with a letter of permission.

Guest nwoforlife2011

Ya its a free elective. I was told earlier last semester that I was eligible to graduate from my first degree, so I didn't think about taking a course in the summer. Now they tell me the info was wrong and I am a 0.5 credit short. It's too late for me to enroll in a summer course, so I am still thinking about what to do.

Archived