Premed 101 Forums

McGill Admission Stats

Guest LoveMcGill

Guest LoveMcGill

Although this is an answer to a question from another thread, I’ve started a new topic to make the information more easily available to everyone.

Here is a piece of information directly from McGill’s Med website:

Students recently accepted had the following academic profile (mean scores): cGPA 3.8 (4 point scale); MCAT: Verbal Reasoning 8.91; Physical Sciences 10.7; Biological Sciences 10.86; overall score 30.47. Students recently accepted in the Med-P program had an overall average CRC of 36.17. www.medicine.mcgill.ca/ad...efault.htm

For your interest, the following is a statement I made previously on this forum:

It is very hard to say what stats would make an out of province applicant really compatible. Still, based on my very unscientific survey, most of the out of province students I’ve met had GPA 3.9+ and 34+ MCAT. However, because of the number game, a large number of applicants with even better stats get turned down each year and surely some applicants with stats lower than indicated do get in.

Guest noncestvrai

Remember that these are mean scores. There is a huge varation in the numbers, or at least from some of the stats posted in this forum.

noncestvrai

• 1 year later...

Archived