Premed 101 Forums

course load

Guest choti

Guest choti

Hi,

I am in a bit of a tricky situation. I switched programs during my undergrad, so while next year will be my fourth year in my new program, it will be my fifth year in university overall. I have always taken full course loads in university (five full courses a year). However, next year I could safely complete my degree with only four courses. Would this jeopardize my chances at successfully applying to McGill? Will my grades from my final year even be considered for medicine application purposes? I should also mention that I am an OOP (Ontario) applicant.

thank you so much for your guidance

Guest LoveMcGill

Hi choti,

I had a similar “course situation” going on – took 5 years to finish my degree. Also, I was an OOP as well. Moreover, I had only three years at 5 courses/ semester and still made it. You should be perfectly fine having the four full-time years under your belt. Try to keep that GPA as high as you can. Good luck.

Guest choti

Hi Love McGill,

Thanks so much for your speedy reply! Its definitely a relief to know I can take a bit of a breather next year if I want to. Do you (or anyone else) happen to know what the GPA cutoffs or average entering cGPA was for McGill these last couple years?

thanks again!

• 1 year later...

Archived