Premed 101 Forums

Chances..Kinda late I think?!

laeh

I'm really not sure if I have a shot at the US schools at all, even the low-mid tier ones, so I'd really appreciate some some opinion. My amcas gpa is 3.72 and science gpa is 3.47. However I have a strong upward trend:

Y1 - 3.0

Y2 - 3.8

Y3 - 4.0

Y4 - 4.0

My MCAT isn't so hot either and it is unbalanced - 30S, with 11/8/11 (PS/VR/BS). I am a Canadian citizen and just graduated from a Canadian school. My extracurriculars are fairly average, i do have a good amount of clinical experience with patients. Plus, after reading the forums I kind of feel it might be late to start applying for someone with my stats. Nonetheless I'd really appreciate your opinions on whether I should apply and if so where. So far I'm considering WSU, VCU, GWU, Jefferson,Penn state, Oakland. But I'm starting to doubt whether I still have a shot at these schools.

Thanks a lot for your help!!

I'm really not sure if I have a shot at the US schools at all, even the low-mid tier ones, so I'd really appreciate some some opinion. My amcas gpa is 3.72 and science gpa is 3.47. However I have a strong upward trend:

Y1 - 3.0

Y2 - 3.8

Y3 - 4.0

Y4 - 4.0

My MCAT isn't so hot either and it is unbalanced - 30S, with 11/8/11 (PS/VR/BS). I am a Canadian citizen and just graduated from a Canadian school. My extracurriculars are fairly average, i do have a good amount of clinical experience with patients. Plus, after reading the forums I kind of feel it might be late to start applying for someone with my stats. Nonetheless I'd really appreciate your opinions on whether I should apply and if so where. So far I'm considering WSU, VCU, GWU, Jefferson,Penn state, Oakland. But I'm starting to doubt whether I still have a shot at these schools.

Thanks a lot for your help!!

why arent you applying to canadian schools?

In Onatrio, OP's only real shot is U of T (8VR is a red flag too)

The other schools all have certain GPA/MCAT cutoffs that put OP out of the running. Queens is a wild card, but I think the 8VR will put the op out of the running

why arent you applying to canadian schools?

Thanks for your response. I am applying to Canadian schools. I don't have much of a shot at Queens and Western because the MCAT VR cut offs have been a lot higher than what I have. The only schools I have a decent shot at is UT, Ottawa (because of the weighting formula) and MAYBE Mac (its ultimately up to CASPER with mac). I am hesitant with applying to the American schools because of my low Science GPA and low MCAT.

Archived