Premed 101 Forums

Ask a question for the person below you.

Cerena

I found 5 hour energy to be pretty good.

What is your favorite music album?

Hasn't that been directly linked to like 15 deaths?

Gil Shaham and Orpheus' performance of Vivaldi's The Four Seasons.

What will you do for your next birthday?

Not a damn thing, I don't generally celebrate or talk about them.

If you didn't become a doctor what would be your next plan?

Hasn't that been directly linked to like 15 deaths?

Not a damn thing, I don't generally celebrate or talk about them.

If you didn't become a doctor what would be your next plan?

die trying and get my body donated to med school with a big tattoo saying "Finally made it to med school".

favourite potato chips flavour?

die trying and get my body donated to med school with a big tattoo saying "Finally made it to med school".

favourite potato chips flavour?

Sour cream and onion. Lay's specifically.

Have you ever argued with someone about something so freaking obvious that you wanted to smash your (or their) face against a wall?

Sour cream and onion. Lay's specifically.

Have you ever argued with someone about something so freaking obvious that you wanted to smash your (or their) face against a wall?

Nope, I do not tend to engage in meaningless drivel. It's a waste of my time if they are too stupid to understand, and a waste of my sensibilities if they are trying to push my buttons.

What are your thoughts on the current geopolitics in Eastern Europe?

Nope, I do not tend to engage in meaningless drivel. It's a waste of my time if they are too stupid to understand, and a waste of my sensibilities if they are trying to push my buttons.

What are your thoughts on the current geopolitics in Eastern Europe?

Russia is a badass...as always. Having said that, I don't quite see the legitimacy in Ukraine that overthrew a democratically and constitutionally elected president. Also, if the referendum in Crimea is not rigged (which I am not so sure), a 95% yes vote is way more than what's required to legitimately separate from Ukraine.

What do to think happened to the Malaysian jetliner MH370 and where do you think it ended up?

Russia is a badass...as always. Having said that, I don't quite see the legitimacy in Ukraine that overthrew a democratically and constitutionally elected president. Also, if the referendum in Crimea is not rigged (which I am not so sure), a 95% yes vote is way more than what's required to legitimately separate from Ukraine.

What do to think happened to the Malaysian jetliner MH370 and where do you think it ended up?

went down in indian ocean and the debris is sitting on the ocean floor :(

Dental services should be covered under Canada Health Act. Yes or No?

went down in indian ocean and the debris is sitting on the ocean floor :(

Dental services should be covered under Canada Health Act. Yes or No?

Some essential dental services, yes. Oral health is an important part of overall health. Dental problems can cause extreme pain, loss of income, even death. Preventative and some restorative is covered for children in my province. I'd like to see something like that expanded to include adults.

Have you ever been in a hurricane?

Some essential dental services, yes. Oral health is an important part of overall health. Dental problems can cause extreme pain, loss of income, even death. Preventative and some restorative is covered for children in my province. I'd like to see something like that expanded to include adults.

Have you ever been in a hurricane?

No! :eek: The worst natural disaster I've "been in" was the '98 ice storm.

Strangest thing you've done to help pass the time while waiting for either (a) the next med application cycle to open, or (B) to see if you've been accepted or rejected after an interview?

Because you don't smile enough, I suspect :(. (Kidding. He doesn't hate you, if He exists. Also, I'm glad to see you're still oot and aboot thk. markov79 informed me that you're back ^_^).

Medical specialty that appeals to you the least?

Not sure if it counts, but probably palliative medicine. I know its important and helpful, but it doesn't seem as scientifically demanding as other specialties and sounds really depressing. Not sure I could handle it. :(

Question: what is your favourite artsy film? (and why is it Drive? :P )

Not sure if it counts, but probably palliative medicine. I know its important and helpful, but it doesn't seem as scientifically demanding as other specialties and sounds really depressing. Not sure I could handle it. :(

Question: what is your favourite artsy film? (and why is it Drive? :P )

Inception

Urology. "Finally, after a decade of training I get to look at balls all day!"

Favorite breakfast food?

Classic English Breakfast!

Favourite fruit (if any :D)

Inception

Classic English Breakfast!

Favourite fruit (if any :D)

Blueberries! Full of antioxidants, low in sugar, and you can make a bazillion desserts from them… they're like the perfect food :D

A movie that most people loved, but you found scary/creepy/boring/or just plain stupid

a princess bride. i didn't like that movie, i had to watch it in elementary school

if you get rejected from a university, do you think it is fair to hate them and not donate any money to the institution ?

I think should someone choose to hate them it would be childish, but ultimately their choice. I think if it affects their thoughts about donations that's absurd. Whether you like a university or not it doesn't change the fact that they could potentially come up with a break through, even if it's not in science, it wouldn't be wasted.

Do you study in silence or with music/the tv on?

I think should someone choose to hate them it would be childish, but ultimately their choice. I think if it affects their thoughts about donations that's absurd. Whether you like a university or not it doesn't change the fact that they could potentially come up with a break through, even if it's not in science, it wouldn't be wasted.

Depends on what I'm studying. If it's organic chem/biochem kinda stuff I put music on because I'm just memorizing mechanisms and whatnot. For everything else silence is needed.

What's your favourite kind of fungus?

tumblr_mkfnunJrLP1s9hmx6o1_250.gif

What is up?

if i am doing easy b/s assignment i use music instrumental via pandora. if i am doing something hard it is silent. if u like ambient noisy i heard about this site http://coffitivity.com/

^nathan i hate the university that rejected me so much. I never want to apply there again. It is like a breakup anything that reminds me of it, i want to remove it. this song sums up how i feel about the university

tumblr_mkfnunJrLP1s9hmx6o1_250.gif

What is up?

i am pissed at getting rejected.

1) did u go to commencement

2) do you feel bad asking you parents for help if you know they can help you

prob some island with a hot girl.

random note: I can't wait to be done undergrad. Few more exams and then i am free!

excited for the summer?

Taking a summer course, but actually yes. My courses this term have just appeared to be dragging on.

When you get sick, are you someone who panics and starts to think of all the worst case scenarios or just forget about it?

i accept, it and i wonder why dont I have a girlfriend to make me soup.

anyone else think being a student kind of sucks (no money/parents money, alot of ambiguity, etc)

No, I really enjoy it. Going back to school is one of the best decisions I ever made.

What is your favourite Ted Talk?