Premed 101 Forums

Quote of the day

" I used to think you took my breath away, then I realized I was suffocated by your bull$hit" Drake

Damn..I like that one a lot.

This quote pretty much got me through undergrad and into m.school

"You got a dream... You gotta protect it. People can't do somethin' themselves, they wanna tell you you can't do it. If you want somethin', go get it. Period." - Will Smith

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Damn..I like that one a lot.

This quote pretty much got me through undergrad and into m.school

"You got a dream... You gotta protect it. People can't do somethin' themselves, they wanna tell you you can't do it. If you want somethin', go get it. Period." - Will Smith

Great quote. And so true.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I really like this quote from Steve Jobs' speech at Stanford University in 2005:

"I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?" And whenever the answer has been "No" for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something."

http://news.stanford.edu/news/2005/june15/jobs-061505.html

You may not be able to read a doctor's handwriting and prescription, but you'll notice his bills are neatly typewritten. - Earl Wilson :eek:

If my doctor told me I had only six minutes to live, I wouldn't brood. I'd type a little faster. - Isaac Asimov ;)

Whenever a doctor cannot do good, he must be kept from doing harm. - Hippocrates :mad:

My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more. - Walter Matthau :P

"it is much safer to be feared than loved because ...love is preserved by the link of obligation which, owing to the baseness of men, is broken at every opportunity for their advantage; but fear preserves you by a dread of punishment which never fails.”

Niccolò Machiavelli

• 2 months later...

Archived