Premed 101 Forums

Would being a TA be extracurricular?

zahra

Hey all...quick question...would being a TA be considered as part of extracurriculars?

Because its paid...so its not volunteering...but it shows leadership right? Controlling two classes full of 1st years is no easy thing :P

Oh and maturity? (Usually its offered only to masters students in my school but I was offered it in my 3rd year because of good grades)

I'm thinking it wouldn't count...but who knows? :)

Hey all...quick question...would being a TA be considered as part of extracurriculars?

Because its paid...so its not volunteering...but it shows leadership right? Controlling two classes full of 1st years is no easy thing :P

Oh and maturity? (Usually its offered only to masters students in my school but I was offered it in my 3rd year because of good grades)

I'm thinking it wouldn't count...but who knows? :)

As a side question, can you be a TA in undergrad?

UTSC has tons of undergrad TAs. There's not enough grad students, lol

yup

i was an undergrad ta..

you can be an undergrad ta in like chem, physics, economics *maybe* neuro and *maybe* health studies

the others have too many grad students as it is and they give them priority (psych, bio, etc.)

I've heard that UTSC hires some undergrads as TA. I've never seen undergrad TA in UTSG though.

UTSC has tons of undergrad TAs. There's not enough grad students, lol

UTSC takes a lot of undergrad TAs for basically anything BUT biology courses. You'd be hard-pressed to find TAs for any biology labs/tutorials since they are all pretty much taken by grad students

UTSC takes a lot of undergrad TAs for basically anything BUT biology courses. You'd be hard-pressed to find TAs for any biology labs/tutorials since they are all pretty much taken by grad students

Yea, my experience is mostly from Chem. I think we've got more undergrads than grads for the 1st/2nd yr level chem labs and tutes.

Archived