Premed 101 Forums

Sketch details and Verifiers

Hi all,

I sincerely apologize if this has already been posted. I am applying to Western this year and I went to submit my application. I was given a warning that my sketch details were not complete. However, when I looked at the Help tab on the sketch page it says that McMaster and Western do not require additional details for the sketch. It also mentions to add in the verifier number beside the activity in brackets. SO currently, I have no additional details and the number of the appropraite verifier are in brackets beside the activity. Is that correct? I would TRULY appreciate any help!

brahm

Well if you look at the help section, it says:

To associate a verifier with a given activity, enter a number in brackets beside the activity. This number should correspond to the number on the verifiers list.

What I don't understand is, why would you put the verifier number in brackets if there is already a section to put the verifier's number over top of the description. Why would you do it twice?! Its taking character space away from the job description.

I guess you could be cautious and do both... but it seems really ridiculous... Confirmation from anyone else?

I am wondering the same thing ... I went to submit my application yesterday and the warning said the details aren't required if you are applying to McMaster ... but I hadn't filled them out because the help section within the autobiographical sketch said not to for McMaster OR Western. AAAAHHH too confusing. I am planning to call at 8:30 tomorrow morning to ask.

Also I put the verifier number in brackets as well as in the details section. It wouldn't let me only put the number however, so I had to put dashes in the rest of the details boxes. Usually I don't leave stuff like this til the last minute, but I didn't want to fill out the app until I got my MCAT mark back September 20th.

I always figured that "To associate a verifier with a given activity, enter a number in brackets beside the activity" was referring to activities mentioned in the UofT essay only. I could be wrong, but that was the only meaning that made sense to me.

But then why would it be in the help section for the autobiographical sketch? Isn't the UofT essay in the section for that specific school? Or does it say the same thing in the help section for the essay as well (I'm not applying to UofT).

But then why would it be in the help section for the autobiographical sketch? Isn't the UofT essay in the section for that specific school? Or does it say the same thing in the help section for the essay as well (I'm not applying to UofT).

Oh, to clarify, it uses the same help section for the essay (I'm working from memory, my app's been submitted). I distinctly remember that in the UT essay section, it said to click on the help button of the verifiers popup thing for instructions for inputting verifiers in the essay. Yes, it seemed odd to me too.

Also I put the verifier number in brackets as well as in the details section. It wouldn't let me only put the number however, so I had to put dashes in the rest of the details boxes. Usually I don't leave stuff like this til the last minute, but I didn't want to fill out the app until I got my MCAT mark back September 20th.

Just in the detail box is fine, no need to do it twice.

Hi all,

I sincerely apologize if this has already been posted. I am applying to Western this year and I went to submit my application. I was given a warning that my sketch details were not complete. However, when I looked at the Help tab on the sketch page it says that McMaster and Western do not require additional details for the sketch. It also mentions to add in the verifier number beside the activity in brackets. SO currently, I have no additional details and the number of the appropraite verifier are in brackets beside the activity. Is that correct? I would TRULY appreciate any help!

brahm

Ok so I finally got through to OMSAS after a busy signal for half an hour ... I asked about the details and verifiers for Western and she said I needed verifiers for Western (which didn't answer my question), and when I tried to explain about the details she just said they weren't allowed to comment on the sketch and to contact Western.

So I called Western, and they immediately told me I should ask OMSAS (grrr!). I said I had tried already. So the girl left for a few minutes to ask someone, and came back to say Western didn't need the details, just verifiers (yay I can stop freaking out!). She wasn't sure about brackets vs. box for the verifier number. I did both, which I'm glad about now just to be sure the verifier shows up. I feel like just brackets is probably fine because of the error I got with the application when I only filled in the verifier box in the details section (it wouldn't let me leave the page without putting something in the "description", "length" boxes, etc. Hope this helps somewhat lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived