Premed 101 Forums

Putting Self as Verifier

What do people think about putting your self down as a verifier for activities that you have documentation or a certificate for? You can write that you have documentation for those activities where you list yourself in the comments section? Would that look bad. This is a lot easier than trying to find some person from high school for example to verify an award (not even sure if they have records for some high school awards?).

What do people think about putting your self down as a verifier for activities that you have documentation or a certificate for? You can write that you have documentation for those activities where you list yourself in the comments section? Would that look bad. This is a lot easier than trying to find some person from high school for example to verify an award (not even sure if they have records for some high school awards?).

This is just my opinion... but I think there is way too much hype with this whole verifier stuff.

If they're concerned - they'll contact you. Focus on the other, much more massively important aspects of your application than stressing out over the verifier for an activity they couldn't care less about.

Just my thoughts...

• 1 year later...

I did this last year and still got interviews, so I think it's fine

Archived