Premed 101 Forums

How to view transcript/mcat/referee status?

Yeah you have to wait a couple of days after submitting. Though I really don't see why they can't display the status of outstanding documents received before you submit the application. I handed my referees the reference forms in early August to complete so I would have tons of time for everything. Now that I have submitted the application, it states that two of the reference letters are still outstanding even though all my referees assure me they have already sent in the letters. On top of that, OMSAS isn't returning emails right now r/t status of documents received d/t the high volume of emails being sent in. They wouldn't be experiencing this crush of emails if they would display the status of mcat/reference letters/transcripts etc... right from day one when the application opens.

Yeah, they all completed the reference forms along with sending in a letter, this was one of the first questions I asked them when they told me they had already sent the reference letters in. I will do as you said, wait a couple of weeks and then call them if the status does not change.

Referees are sent an email notification by OMSAS when their letter is received and processed so you if you know your referees well enough you can ask them about that. My last reference letter was sent last Monday and my OMSAS status is already received. My other two was sent sept 23 rd and 25th. Both are received as indicated on OMSAS. So if they sent in Aug/ Sept... Either the letter is lost...or that didn't get sent until at least later of last week if sent at all... If that's the case it may take up to mid october to sort out/ process.

Referees are sent an email notification by OMSAS when their letter is received and processed so you if you know your referees well enough you can ask them about that. My last reference letter was sent last Monday and my OMSAS status is already received. My other two was sent sept 23 rd and 25th. Both are received as indicated on OMSAS. So if they sent in Aug/ Sept... Either the letter is lost...or that didn't get sent until at least later of last week if sent at all... If that's the case it may take up to mid october to sort out/ process.

This isn't true at all. Just because your letters were recieved doesn't mean that others whose letters haven't been received are lost. They have thousands of documents to sort through and it may take days to get everything organized.

This isn't true at all. Just because your letters were recieved doesn't mean that others whose letters haven't been received are lost. They have thousands of documents to sort through and it may take days to get everything organized.

I didn't mean if its not received by now its lost. Please read the entire post completely. What I mean is that if the referees did send out their reference letters by early aug/sept, then it should be received and if not then it might be lost and people should look into it. Cause I don't know how it would make senses for them to process the later mails before the earlier mails. The other possibility, as stated in the previous post, is that the referee did not send out the reference until later last week, if at all yet. Then its totally normal for it to take up until at least mid October before the documents gets processed. And honestly, everyone (~12 people, so its a small sample I know, if you want to nitpick) I have asked so far who had their letters sent in before last Monday all have their status as received. How do we know when it was actually sent? The 12 I'm talking about here all did registered mail (and no registered mail is not express post. Its regular mail with tracking. No signature required so it doesn't add work to OMSAS and the envelops are not physically straining). Last but not the least, I was trying to tell people is they can ask if their referees received email confirmation for receipt of the letters if it was sent that early on in the cycle.

Archived