Premed 101 Forums

Thompson River vs. UBC

Hi Guys,

Right now I am trying to decide on an appropriate second undergraduate degree.

I have applied to UBC for September 2012 entrance for a BSc in Food, Nutrition & Health.

But I am debating on also applying to Thomson River Uni for BA in Pyschology just to keep my doors open.

Obviously I don't want to put all of my eggs in one basket - but I am going pretty hard for entrance into UBC Med.

Does anyone believe that schools would look more seriously at UBC versus TRU? I don't want to offend anyone, but I just wasn't sure if it made a difference.

I am 23 and finally starting to believe that everything happens for a reason, I want this so badly and I have accepted the fact that now I am going to do so "untraditionally"!

I look forward to some suggestions :)

All the best !!

I don't know if anyone knows for sure whether UBC evaluates (at some point) the university you went to. Probably it would be a minor consideration (if it's even considered at all).

Regardless, very few other schools care about where you do your undergrad (or second undergrad).

If your first undergrad went poorly, you will want to make sure that your second undergrad is an Honours program so that you remain eligible to apply to Western. Stressed is also correct in that you will want to make sure you have a viable backup option lined up.

I don't know if anyone knows for sure whether UBC evaluates (at some point) the university you went to. Probably it would be a minor consideration (if it's even considered at all).

It's not, I phoned and asked once upon a time, and they said, that by the time adcom comes to view your application they have no idea as to what school you actually went to.

In that case, just apply to wherever you think will be the most financially stable and where you believe you can perform the best.

Archived