Premed 101 Forums

Selling Yourself

I know its important to do this, but is it acceptable to do it in the duties section? or should it only be for the impact statement?

It depends on the activity and depends on how you word it. For example, its very hard to sell oneself as a dish boy. However, as a tutor you can say I tutored physics to a first year student, and we met twice a weak... Or you can say I collaborated with students to come up with learning objectives. I formulated lessons based on their strengths and weakneses. I guided them in their quest to become independent learners...

It depends on the activity and depends on how you word it. For example, its very hard to sell oneself as a dish boy. However, as a tutor you can say I tutored physics to a first year student, and we met twice a weak... Or you can say I collaborated with students to come up with learning objectives. I formulated lessons based on their strengths and weakneses. I guided them in their quest to become independent learners...

That's what Ive been doing...just wasnt sure if it was acceptable. I guess it is all in the wording...

Thanks!

Archived