Premed 101 Forums

deadline to have 90 credits left after lowest 30 dropped?

Hey guys,

is this right: UBC says they will drop lowest 30 if we still have 90 by the application deadline (aug 15th)?

Im asking this because I would have completed 120 credits but for one of my courses I couldnt write the final due to illness and ended up writing it in the summer (I wrote the final before the app deadline but my final mark was only avail after the deadline). That would mean I wouldnt qualify for the lowest 30 to be dropped, right?

Thanks!

If I understand the rule it's your worst year, up to 30 credits that can be dropped if it leaves you with at least 90 credits after the drop.

Ie. Your worst year is 24 credits and you've completed 117 by the deadline... 117-24=93 credits

So, you may still qualify to drop your worst year. I'd also maybe ask if they would consider that course you completed over the summer in the calculation... Never hurts to ask

As I understand it, you are able to use that course in the calculation if the grade appears on your transcript at the time that they received it your transcript.

So, for example, some summer classes that are completed early do end up counting towards the calculation, but the later ones do not.

Hey here's something interesting:

The deadline for the 2012/2013 application is a bit later (September 17th). This means that more summer classes will probably be eligible to be included in our applications. So if we are a few credits short of the 120, we will be able to complete them in the summer and still have them count!

Does anyone know how long it takes after summer courses are completed for the grades to appear on the transcript?

Archived