Premed 101 Forums

Never buy the aircanada student flight pass!!! SCAM!

preppy038

A horrible experience I'm having.

I bought a 6 student prairie regional flight pass for $293 per credit.

When I first bought it, I thought it was a great deal and that I would save a lot of money.

but... like many other corporations, air canada fails me again.

So one thing I didn't know, the flight pass limits me to buying a tango G class ticket or lower and I can't upgrade.

The average G class ticket from Winnipeg to Windsor is ~$304 including tax.

Now you may be thinkingg "oh nice! you're saving $10"...

but actually, I'm losing money.

What are the chances that I actually buy a flight ticket that is a G class?

Out of the 6~7 price classes for tango I can only buy tickets within 4 price classes (G, P, E, T, K).

What are the chances that I book for a class that is cheaper than the G class? relatively high because I would want to book the flight earlier to avoid all the G class or cheaper tickets from being sold out.

When I do that, I end up buying a ticket that is cheaper than what my flight pass is worth for a greater price.

E.g., a P class ticket of $219 plus airport tax becomes $281.85. If I end up booking that flight, I lose $10.

In order to break even or gain some profit from buying a flight pass, I need to book a ticket that greater than $229.

Now, 80% of the tickets you buy a month ahead (which you'll have to or the G class tickets will be all sold out) will be ~$229, which means that there's absolutely no benefit of buying a student flight pass.

I had a long conversation with an Air Canada customer service agent just now and this whole "scam" really pissed me off.

How can corporations take advantage of students like this and think they'll get away with it??? Very unimpressed and very disappointed :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

That REALLY really sucks. :( Thanks for letting us know.

BTW; how is Med 2 going? Med 1?

We have our first midterm next week! excited but scared at the same time (a bit) and we just had a lecture on renal physiology today and learned about 'renin'-angiotensin system

hahahahaha

how are electives for you?? ;)

We have our first midterm next week! excited but scared at the same time (a bit) and we just had a lecture on renal physiology today and learned about 'renin'-angiotensin system

hahahahaha

how are electives for you?? ;)

They are quite excellent, thank you! :) I highly recommend the Palliative - Consult elective if you are at all inclined that way!

Good luck w/ midterm; don't worry about it though! I think we all passed.

Archived