Premed 101 Forums

Activities - Questions

Hi,

Apologies if these questions have been asked already:

1) Awards - what is everyone writing in the "duties" section for awards? Where do you indicate the year the award was received?

2) I have a difficult time remembering the exact start dates of extra-curricular activities. Is it okay to estimate? If the university calls to verify an activity, do you think they will be looking for verification of exact start/end dates?

3) Employment/extra-curricular activities - where are you listing the organization's name? In the "Activity Title" or "Duties" section?

Thanks.

Hi,

Apologies if these questions have been asked already:

1) Awards - what is everyone writing in the "duties" section for awards? Where do you indicate the year the award was received?

2) I have a difficult time remembering the exact start dates of extra-curricular activities. Is it okay to estimate? If the university calls to verify an activity, do you think they will be looking for verification of exact start/end dates?

3) Employment/extra-curricular activities - where are you listing the organization's name? In the "Activity Title" or "Duties" section?

Thanks.

I wrote what I did to earn the reward or what was required to earn it (i.e. 4.0 GPA for a semester, participate in such and such activity, place 1st in such and such competition). There isn't a spot for date but you could put it in the schedule portion.

I would estimate the day but be accurate on the month. I think the university will be concerned about the months/years not so much the precise day unless of course that contradicts something you said in the narrative (i.e. you say you did something during the school year but the day it started was after the school year).

I'd put it in the main title as there is lots of room. If not, put it in the duties section. I am sure when the evaluator gets your application they will get all of that info and will be able to piece it together quite easily.

My two cents.

Archived