Premed 101 Forums

The preliminary recommendations for the next version of the MCAT® exam in 2015

Freedom

Those of you still early on in your pre-med careers might be interested in this article in the NEJM this week. There will be a new version of the MCAT rolling out in 2015 and it will have some interesting changes. Probably the biggest difference for Canadian med schools will be the elimination of the writing sample - long the bane of students applying to Queen's and Western.

Most of you can probably get access through your school:

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp1110171

No real need for multiple threads on the same topic. :)

• 2 months later...
Bump....

Any thoughts?

I would think that schools would accept both versions. It doesn't really make sense to force people to write the MCAT again just because they wrote the "wrong" version.

It's like when the MCAT went from a paper to computerized test. Schools still accepted the paper-version scores, as long as you had written the test in the required time period (~the last 5 years).

I would think that schools would accept both versions. It doesn't really make sense to force people to write the MCAT again just because they wrote the "wrong" version.

It's like when the MCAT went from a paper to computerized test. Schools still accepted the paper-version scores, as long as you had written the test in the required time period (~the last 5 years).

But it was virtually the exact same exam. I wrote both the paper and the CBT exam once, and I had no difference in the method or material I studied.

But it was virtually the exact same exam. I wrote both the paper and the CBT exam once, and I had no difference in the method or material I studied.
I know. My point was that just because AAMC changes things doesn't mean that they'll penalize people who did it 'the old way'. That's just what I think though; who knows what will actually happen.

Archived