Premed 101 Forums

Verifiers contacted?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi there, well that is exciting. Do you mind if I ask for what kind of activity?

Good Luck :)

It was for my experience as a crisis line operator. My verifier said they sent him an e-mail of my proposed experience and number of hours volunteered and asked for a yes or no answer whether or not the information was correct.

Plastic

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing that doesn't make sense is why would they waste resources contacting verifiers for people that haven't made the "cut-offs"? Seems like a waste of time. It likely has nothing to do with getting an interview or not, but it might mean that a candidate received a full file review.

The only thing that doesn't make sense is why would they waste resources contacting verifiers for people that haven't made the "cut-offs"? Seems like a waste of time. It likely has nothing to do with getting an interview or not, but it might mean that a candidate received a full file review.

Well, one year I did not recieve a full file review, but I still got an NAQ score. Despite not making cutoffs, someone still read through my entire NAQ section and scored it. Seems like that would take much more time than making a few phone calls.

I am sure that will be the case for many. I just think it is funny that they would bother wasting any time to check for people that don't make cutoffs. You would think they would use their resources to check those that made the cutoffs. Anyway, I am as clueless about the application process as others are. ;)

I would imagine the system is totally computer based and automatic. They could program it so that it takes random input from random people and send a formatted email to the verifier email address. In that case, its totally random, and it does not cost them any effort.

• 2 weeks later...
I would imagine the system is totally computer based and automatic. They could program it so that it takes random input from random people and send a formatted email to the verifier email address. In that case, its totally random, and it does not cost them any effort.

does anyone mind sharing what section/type the verifiers were usually contaced ie. more with volunteer jobs with more hours, or student clubs or 1 time events ....should i totally be freaking out if non of my verifiers have been contacted...

does anyone mind sharing what section/type the verifiers were usually contaced ie. more with volunteer jobs with more hours, or student clubs or 1 time events ....should i totally be freaking out if non of my verifiers have been contacted...

Mine was for fairly long term (~3 years) involvement in our student society... that said, I have no idea whether other verifiers have been contacted and they just haven't told me.

I don't think it means anything whether your verifiers are contacted or not. I've heard people have gotten in without any verifiers being contacted.

Mine was for fairly long term (~3 years) involvement in our student society... that said, I have no idea whether other verifiers have been contacted and they just haven't told me.

I don't think it means anything whether your verifiers are contacted or not. I've heard people have gotten in without any verifiers being contacted.

I dont believe any of my verifiers were contacted by Ubc... Although maybe I just wasnt informed by my verifiers ( though I did let them know I was curious to find out whether or not they were contacted).

Archived