Premed 101 Forums

Deadline - Nov. 1 or Nov. 15

match

Hi All,

I just want to see what you all think.

On the following link: http://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/channels/announcments/171695

it says the following:

The deadline to submit an application will be November 1, 2011.

The deadline for the receipt of your supplemental documentation will be November 15, 2011.

Does this mean that the MedOAS application is only due on Nov. 15? and the basic Mcgill application via minerva is due Nov 1.? Or are both dues Nov. 1 and only things like ref letter and transcripts are due Nov. 15?

There is a twitter feed for McGill admissions, and I remember seeing a tweet regarding this. It stated that the basic application was due Nov 1st and the reference letters, CV, narrative and abstract along with transcripts were due Nov 15th. I would prefer to hear from a more definitive source than a tweet however. Let us know if you find out from someone more reliable.

I got a hold of the admission office today. This is what they told me:

Nov 1 - deadline for basic application stuff (i.e. the very first step in the application process [personal information, McGill ID, etc]; if you had paid your application fee, you had completed this part)

Nov 15 - deadline for all supplementary documents (e.g. CV + highlights, narratives + abstract, referees, etc)

Hope this helps :)

Nov 1 - deadline for basic application stuff (i.e. the very first step in the application process [personal information, McGill ID, etc]; if you had paid your application fee, you had completed this part)

Nov 15 - deadline for all supplementary documents (e.g. CV + highlights, narratives + abstract, referees, etc)

Thank you!

Just to be extra-super-clear. Supplementary documents include transcripts (due on the 15th?). The website is rather unclear.

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen this confirmed in several places, and somehow I still feel a bit antsy that my MedOAS stuff hasn't been submitted yet! :P

Archived