Premed 101 Forums

IQ Publications Reading Comprehension

I can't compare it with barrons but it's for sure better than Kaplan. Try to get it used!

I thought it helped me quite a bit in terms of improving my RC score. I think any RC practice will help cause you need to get used to your own strategies and sifting through passages FAST. The RC passages on the actual DAT are strictly science based though, as if they were taken out of science textbooks. So just make sure you can really nail those in your RC practice.

I can't compare it with barrons but it's for sure better than Kaplan. Try to get it used!

I thought it helped me quite a bit in terms of improving my RC score. I think any RC practice will help cause you need to get used to your own strategies and sifting through passages FAST. The RC passages on the actual DAT are strictly science based though, as if they were taken out of science textbooks. So just make sure you can really nail those in your RC practice.

I'd agree with aravis. The reading comp for the IQ tests are non-science based (and I think a bit longer?) so they're more difficult than the passages on the actual DAT. From that standpoint if you can practice and master your reading and fact-finding techniques and finish the entire test with the IQ passages you'll be much more comfortable on the actual test.

Archived