Premed 101 Forums

When do you hear back about interviews?

The earliest you'll hear back is some time in the new year, like end of January-ish. UofT doesn't send all of their invites/rejections out at once. They do their evaluations in batches. So if you don't hear back right away, don't worry. You could be waiting to hear back as late as March.

The earliest you'll hear back is some time in the new year, like end of January-ish. UofT doesn't send all of their invites/rejections out at once. They do their evaluations in batches. So if you don't hear back right away, don't worry. You could be waiting to hear back as late as March.

Does it matter if you are in the grad or undergrad review piles? I thought grad reviews may be later, but its very possible that I am wrong.

Does that mean UofT in a way is rolling admissions then?

Thanks!

Not quite. It is rolling interviews. But rolling admissions implies that people are accepted on staggered days based on when they interviewed. UofT accepts everyone on the same day (in May), but they invite people at different times.

Who gets the invite first and who gets the invite last means nothing. It's more a matter of whose file they read first (which is vaguely related to whose file is ready to be viewed first).

Invites are rolling in the sense that they are done in small batches, but they do not have quotas or limits. If they have "filled up all their spots", then decide to interview you, they will create a spot for you.

I think last year they started with a huge bunch of regrets in mid-January, then sent small handfuls of invites/regrets every week until mid-March.

yah - first week of interviews was in the second week of febuary (I was in the first round of interviews and if I recall, they gave us a 10 day notification lol which was like Feb 1st) and yup last year there were rounds of rejections and invites - really frustrating process (keep updated with Deborah's Utmedadmissions blog and twitter updates, they really help ease the anxiety). Interviews continued until the 3rd week of March I believe.

Last year, interview notifications began on January 28 and ended on March 17. I would expect similar dates this year.

MD/PhD invites go out earlier (as early as November/December I believe).

Actually for the MD/PhD program you will get an invite in late January to the end of February. Sandy McGugan just emailed that out to all complete applicants.

Archived