Premed 101 Forums

Travel as an Activity?

Sawadee krap premed101!

A quick question regarding world travel as an activity. Do you feel that it belongs listed as an extracurricular? Does it belong on the application at all?

My argument is yes, and would be in fact within my top 10 activities as the experience had a significant impact.

What are your thoughts? Have any of you placed travel as an EC on your application?

Thanks!

Sawadee krap premed101!

A quick question regarding world travel as an activity. Do you feel that it belongs listed as an extracurricular? Does it belong on the application at all?

My argument is yes, and would be in fact within my top 10 activities as the experience had a significant impact.

What are your thoughts? Have any of you placed travel as an EC on your application?

Thanks!

Travelling to Mexico to drink your face off for a week: no

Travelling to another country to do something besides drink your face off: maybe

It all really depends on what you did and how you word it! :)

I would absolutely list world travel as an activity, especially if you feel that the experience had a significant impact on you.

From the bit that I gathered at the information night, Dr. Walker et. al. seem like a very open-minded group. Much as the word "empower" makes me cringe, I heard it more than one time in reference to the fact that applicants should feel entitled to lay claim to any and all personal growth that may have come about from even the most (seemingly) mundane activities - not that I would consider travel mundane.

Jojef

Travelling to Mexico to drink your face off for a week: no

Travelling to another country to do something besides drink your face off: maybe

It all really depends on what you did and how you word it! :)

+1

Many people list travel as one of their ECs. Like cnb said, it's all about how you word it.

Archived