Premed 101 Forums

A couple of questions.

I am wondering whether or not I should write my mcat this summer or the next. I'm in my second year I've taken most of the reccomended courses expect for physics. My GPA is alright , not too bad but definetly can be better. Depending on which weghing gpa is used its around 3.6-3.7, but it may go down; this year isn't as easy as firsy year was.

I'm thinking that instead of writing to mcat this year ( since I won't be able to appy to schools anyways if I have a okay gpa.) I would take one or of courses for my degree that I don't want to take in the school year and at the same time volunteer and study various topics of the mcat as well as improve my lacking areas ( ie. physics and vr, and perhaps writing)

Also, should I bother appying to US schools? What is the likelyhood that I'll get in, but GPA isn't extraordinary and my ECs average.

I would seriously write it in your upcoming summer (by seriously I mean: you sit down in May, plot your date 2-3 months away, and study hard with firm deadlines).

I'm saying this because I know 5 people this cycle who failed to apply due to bad MCAT scores. Get it out of the way in your second year summer and do more stuff next year. If you do bad, at least you get anther chance to rewrite.

Archived