Premed 101 Forums

CV Question Concerning Hours

LJ1000F

I was just wondering if somewhere on the CV we should be indicating the hours/week or total hours, or anything beyond the basic time frame like apr 2008 - apr 2009 that you would normally see on a CV, or if this information might be included somewhere else or not at all.

If someone who has done a past application could offer insight that would be great as well.

Good question - and how do you even pick what to put on there?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Are there specific formats to follow?

I was just wondering if somewhere on the CV we should be indicating the hours/week or total hours, or anything beyond the basic time frame like apr 2008 - apr 2009 that you would normally see on a CV, or if this information might be included somewhere else or not at all.

If someone who has done a past application could offer insight that would be great as well.

Hi, last year on my application there was a drop down box for total of hours per week with different intervals ex: < 5 hours/week, 5 hours/week, 10 h/week etc

Uh oh, for ours we are supposed to upload a document and they just gave us headings under which we should group things. Unless I'm doing something terribly wrong.

Sorry! :( They must have changed it. For my application it was an online form with entries to submit...

Perhaps you should call the admissions office?

On what to put, I'd say definitely things that show commitment (i.e. that you've been doing for a long time) and things that require skills and qualities like patience, people skills, responsibility, perseverance....

Examples could be sports, volunteering...

I guess they're probably leaving it up to us to make it presentable and easy to read. Truth be told I'm glad they don't have a system where you fill in boxes in individual entries. I've had enough of that from other schools.

Someone should call them and see what they say, but I have a hunch we'd be pretty safe if we write a standard CV and include the same level of information that most other applications ask for.

- Group entries under subheadings (Volunteer, Employment)

- Dates (Sep 2008 - Sep 2009)

- Time commitment (4 h/wk)

- Description

Sorry! :( They must have changed it. For my application it was an online form with entries to submit...

Perhaps you should call the admissions office?

On what to put, I'd say definitely things that show commitment (i.e. that you've been doing for a long time) and things that require skills and qualities like patience, people skills, responsibility, perseverance....

Examples could be sports, volunteering...

Thanks for the insight! I am going to call them this week to sort it out - I will post accordingly.

I guess they're probably leaving it up to us to make it presentable and easy to read. Truth be told I'm glad they don't have a system where you fill in boxes in individual entries. I've had enough of that from other schools.

Someone should call them and see what they say, but I have a hunch we'd be pretty safe if we write a standard CV and include the same level of information that most other applications ask for.

- Group entries under subheadings (Volunteer, Employment)

- Dates (Sep 2008 - Sep 2009)

- Time commitment (4 h/wk)

- Description

This is what I have. I think this should be good.

Archived