Premed 101 Forums

Help on DAT Preparation Manual Questions

Hey guys,

I had 2 questions that I can't quite figure out the answer on the PAT section of the Canadian DAT prep manual.

#20 is a TFE question. I thought the answer would be C but it's A. I thought the small circle would be inside of the object rather than outside

#52 is super strange to me...it's a hole punching question where I don't understand how they get from Fold 2 to Fold 3 (sheet of paper doesn't get smaller after the fold)

Thanks!

Hey guys,

I had 2 questions that I can't quite figure out the answer on the PAT section of the Canadian DAT prep manual.

#20 is a TFE question. I thought the answer would be C but it's A. I thought the small circle would be inside of the object rather than outside

#52 is super strange to me...it's a hole punching question where I don't understand how they get from Fold 2 to Fold 3 (sheet of paper doesn't get smaller after the fold)

Thanks!

#20 the answer is A because although the smallest circle is inside the structure it extends all the way to the edge of the structure so you do indeed see it from looking it at the top and it is draw with a solid line from the top view.

#52 in fold 2, you have 4 layers, and going from fold 2 to fold 3, you are just folding up two of the layers from fold 2. It's hard to explain, but try it with a piece of paper. You fold it in half, then fold it in half again, and just fold back the top two layers of paper that you just folded down so you'd have 6 layers on the top half and 2 layers on the bottom half.

Archived